Parking, Location, and Directions
Williamsburg Live occurs on Friday, June 26, and Saturday, June 27, 2020 on The Lawn of the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg.
Parking is available at the Visitor Center. Due to heavy traffic, shuttle bus service to the Historic Area and Williamsburg Live site is available with or without Colonial Williamsburg admission tickets.
Guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or a lawn chair, and park at the Colonial Williamsburg Visitor Center (look for Williamsburg Live directional signs upon arrival) and take Colonial Williamsburg’s buses to the Historic Area.
Richmond, VA, USA or areas WEST of Williamsburg, VA, USA
Estimated Time from Richmond area: 1 hour
- Head northwest on E Grace St toward N 7th St - Drive for a short distance.
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto N 7th St - Drive for 0.6 miles.
- Slight right onto the I-64 W / I-95 N / I-64 E ramp- Drive for a short distance.
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Interstate 64 E / Norfolk and merge onto I-64 E - Drive for 47.6 miles.
- Take exit 238 to merge onto VA-143 E toward US-60 / Camp Peary/ Williamsburg / Colonial - Drive for 0.7 miles.
- Turn right onto VA-132 S - Drive for 2.3 miles.
- Turn right onto Francis St W - Drive for a short distance.
- Francis St W turns right and becomes S Boundary St - Drive for a short distance.
From Virginia Beach/Norfolk or areas EAST of Williamsburg, VA, USA
Time: 1 hour 10minutes
- Merge onto I-264 W / Norfolk Virginia Beach Express Way / Virginia Beach Express Way (signs for Interstate 264 W / Norfolk )
- Take exit 13-14-15 to merge onto I-64 W toward Richmond – Drive for 8.3 miles.
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-64 W / Hampton Roads Beltway, follow signs for U.S. 64 W / U.S. 460 E / Richmond / Granby St
- Continue to follow I-64 W - Drive for 34.8 miles.
- Take exit 242A to merge onto VA-199 W toward Williamsburg /Jamestown - Drive for 3.6 miles.
- Turn right onto S Henry St - Drive for 1.9 miles.
- Turn left onto Francis St W - Drive for a short distance.
- Francis St W turns right and becomes S Boundary St - Drive for a short distance
Q: Where is the Entrance?
The Main Entrance and Box Office to Williamsburg Live is located at the corner of S. Nassau St. and Francis St. The VIP Only entrance is located on S. Henry St.
What can I bring?
Q: Are chairs and blankets allowed?
Only low profile chairs are allowed. Blankets, cushions, and chairs are allowed, but chairs are only permitted on the lawn. Blankets are limited to the size of a beach towel. Chairs are not permitted if they recline, hold umbrellas, or have foot extensions, and must be low profile with legs no taller than 17” and total chair backs no higher than 32” off the ground. All chairs are inspected upon entry.
Q: Are children allowed in performance tent? Children any age must have a ticket. No babies in arms inside the tent.
Q: Are coolers allowed?
Glass, coolers and outside food and beverages are prohibited. Food and beverage vendors will be on site. Bottled water will be available for purchase, but patrons may bring in one factory sealed water bottle per person. Please note, there is no potable water on the site for refilling water bottles.
Q: What items are not permitted at Williamsburg Live?
The following are NOT Permitted:
- Umbrellas over 12” in length (closed)
- Small umbrellas for inclement weather only are permitted however are not allowed to be used for shade as it interferes with enjoyment of others.
- Pets, except service animals with appropriate paperwork
- Flammable lanterns, candles or fire of any kind
- Fireworks or any types of explosives
- Hula hoops, frisbees, balls
- Hoverboards, skates, skateboards, or bikes
- Laser Pointers
- Glass, coolers, or outside food or beverages, except for one factory sealed water bottle per person.
Q. What items are allowed on the shuttle buses?
All items allowed at Williamsburg Live are allowed on the shuttle bus.
Learn more about the shuttle buses here.
Q: Are banners and signs allowed?
Banners and signs are not allowed during Williamsburg Live.
Q: Does Williamsburg Live have accessible entrance and seating?
Accessible Entrance: An accessible sidewalk ramp is located at the Entry Tent at the corner of S. Nassau St. and Francis St. There is a paved path from the Accessible Entrance at S. Nassau St & Francis St. to the performance tent only. The Box Office/Will Call is accessible for purchasing tickets and picking up Will Call.
Terrain: The Williamsburg Live site is a grass lawn area and can be bumpy. It can be a challenge to get around this site using a wheelchair or walker.
Accessible Pathways/Seating for the Performance Tent: Once you have entered through an Accessible Entrance, there is a paved path to the Performance Tent entrance only. The ground inside the Performance Tent is all grass and can be bumpy in places.
Staff will be available to assist with reserved seating in the performance tent.
Accessible Seating is only designated in the Performance Tent and is subject to availability. Patrons requiring special seating accommodations must request them at the time of purchase. All patrons including companions, caregivers and assistants must present a ticket for entry. Tickets for unsold wheelchair and companion seating may be released for sale to individuals without disabilities when: all non-wheelchair and companion tickets have been sold; all non-wheelchair and companion tickets in a designated seating area have been sold and the tickets for accessible seating are being released in the same designated area; or all non-wheelchair and companion tickets in a designated price category have been sold and the tickets for accessible seating are being released within the same designated price category.
Q: Where will Williamsburg Live be performed?
Williamsburg Live will be performed on the lawn of the Arts Museums of Colonial Williamsburg.
326 Francis St. W
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Q: Should I bring cash? Where is the closest ATM?
Having cash will make your experience at Williamsburg Live easier.
ATMs will be available on site. ATM usage fees will be charged.
The nearest ATM off site is SunTrust Bank, Colonial Williamsburg's Merchants Square, 202 N Henry St, Williamsburg, VA 23185
Q: Where do I go if I have questions during the show?
Stop by the Lost and Found Tent. The staff and volunteers are available to answer questions and assist in other ways as needed.
Q: Where is the lost and found located?
If you lose an item while you are at Williamsburg Live, - you can visit our Lost and Found Tent. Look for the Lost & Found Sign on the Tent. You can also call our offices after the event at 757-282-2800 to see if we have your item.
Q: Is there a First Aid Tent?
The First Aid Tent is located to the right as you face the main stage. It is clearly marked.
Q: What is the smoking policy?
Williamsburg Live, located on the Lawn of the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg, is an open air assembly venue, so there is no prohibited area for smoking. However, if you or someone else smoking is hindering yours or other guests' enjoyment of the event, staff may ask you to extinguish the cigarette/cigar, or move to the designated smoking area. All smoking in any tent is prohibited, including the use of e-cigarettes. For the convenience and comfort of all patrons, a designated smoking area is provided; follow the signs on site
Have more questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com or call us at 757-282-2822
Other Rules & Regulations
- All bags and other containers are subject to 100% search.
- All entrants are subject to security screening procedures.
- No glass, coolers or outside food or beverages are allowed. One factor sealed water bottle allowed per person.
- Point and shoot cameras only. No changeable lenses. Strict adherence to artists' photography restrictions will be enforced.
- No Drones
- Lawn Seating: Blankets allowed (limited to beach towel size). Strollers and personal lawn chairs are permitted. No chairs that recline, hold umbrellas, or with foot extensions. Chairs must be low profile, with legs no taller than 17” and total chair backs no higher than 32” off the ground.
- Child Policy/Tent Seating: Children any age must have a ticket. No babies in arms inside the tent.
- Child Policy/Lawn Seating: Children under 6, no charge.
- Reserved Tent Seating: Blankets and cushions are allowed.
- No Umbrellas over 12” in length (closed). Small umbrellas for inclement weather only are permitted however are not allowed to be used for shade as it interferes with enjoyment of others.
- No personal tables, hammocks, frisbees or hula-hoops or balls.
- No littering.
- No pets, except service animals with appropriate paperwork.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No laser pointers.
- Smoking permitted only in the restroom area off of Francis Street. No smoking in any tents.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid photo ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages.
- No hoverboards, skates, skateboards or bicycles.
- Re-entry only at designated entrances.
- Inappropriate behavior is grounds for removal.
- No flammable lanterns, candles or fire of any kind. No fireworks or any types of explosives.
Williamsburg Live will take place June 26 & 27, 2020, rain or shine.
Supported by the Greater Williamsburg Chamber and Tourism Alliance and funded in part by the City of Williamsburg and the Williamsburg Area Arts Commission