See the Water. Drink the Beer.
VIRGINIA BEER FESTIVAL
Saturday, May 19
2pm – 6pm
Designed for your tasting pleasure! Come to Town Point Park on the beautiful downtown Norfolk waterfront and sample more than 125 beers from dozens of breweries, enjoy live music, learn from master brewers, or visit the merchants around the park.. If you are traveling by boat, tie up at the pier on the Elizabeth River with a boat full of friends. Boater’s packagers are available. Cheers!
What could be more fun than beer? Check out these additions to your must list!
- Get the weekend started off right at Norfolk’s Tap House Grille, with a large selection that includes hard- to-find beers, local favorites and old standards, and the food is amazing!
- Reserve a trip with Hampton Roads Helicopters for a breathtaking aerial tour of Norfolk.
- In the heart of Norfolk's NEON Arts District is Push Comedy Theater, offering the best local and national acts, live sketch, and improv comedy.
- Set sail on a majestic, three-masted tall ship on the Elizabeth River on the American Rover Sailing Cruise for a tour of the Norfolk harbor.
- You're steps away from Norfolk's new Waterside District, bustling with restaurants of all kinds, great views, entertainment and more.
- Sleep in. Spend a leisurely morning sipping your way through Norfolk’s java scene. Cure Coffeehouse & Brasserie, Borjo, Bean There Café, Café Crema, Café Stella, Elliott’s Fair Grounds Coffee House, Chocollage, and aLatté Café line the downtown district and historic Ghent.
- Held the same weekend as the Virginia Beer Festival, the Stockley Gardens Art Festival in Norfolk’s historic Ghent features locally made jewelry, pottery, paintings, and other works of art, plus live music, food and more.
- Lovin’ the local brew? Stop by O’Connor’s Brewing Company or Smartmouth Brewing Company to take home a few six packs of that local flavor you fell in love with at the Virginia Beer Festival.
- Make it a getaway! Checkout these Festival-friendly hotels.