Virginia International Tattoo 2019
The Most Spectacular Show You’ll Ever See!
No, not that kind of tattoo! The centuries-old tradition of the military tattoo gathers bands and military corps for a display of music and might -- and the Virginia International Tattoo is the largest Tattoo in the U.S., and one of the largest and most spectacular in the world!
Each year’s Tattoo is different, with new performers from across the globe, new themes of honor and patriotism, and new sights and sounds to amaze you. In 2019, we will have an extraordinary cast of hundreds of performers from around the world — including Switzerland’s Central Army Band, the Army Band of France, the OzScot Australia Highland Dancers, and pipe and drum corps from the United Kingdom and Canada. These amazing artists will join in celebration of this year’s Virginia International Tattoo theme: celebrating women in service to the nation. Join us as we cheer generations of women who have served in battle and on the home front.
Thursday, April 25th 7:30 pm (OPENING NIGHT CELEBRATION)
Friday, April 26th & Saturday, April 27th 7:30 pm
Sunday, April 28th 2:30 pm
SCOPE ARENA, NORFOLK
TO ENHANCE YOUR EXPERIENCE:
There is so much to see and do during your Tattoo visit, here is just a start to your weekend patriotism, pride, and fun!
- Plan to arrive early to attend the TATTOO HULLABALOO. Held three hours prior to each Tattoo performance (Th, F, S, Su), this mini-festival of fun on Scope Plaza includes food and beer, music, dance and drill performances, and photo-ops with performers!
- A unique opportunity to hear top-level Grade 1 and 2 bagpipe bands from all over the world as they compete in what is sure to be the premier pipe band event in the United States, the 4th ANNUAL VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL TATTOO AMERICAN PIPE BAND CHAMPIONSHIP competition will be held on Saturday, April 27, 12 Noon - 5 PM; the Awards Ceremony will begin at 6 PM on Scope Plaza.
- NATO FLAG RAISING - An official military flag-raising ceremony for all 29 NATO Members' Nations will be held on Thursday, April 25, 5 PM on Scope Plaza.
- NORFOLK NATO FESTIVAL'S 66th ANNUAL PARADE OF NATIONS AND NATOFEST INTERNATIONAL VILLAGE - Norfolk is home to the only NATO Headquarters outside of Europe. Join us as we honor NATO and its international influence with our annual Parade of Nations and NATOFest featuring all 29 NATO Member Nations. This free, family-friendly event is held Saturday, April 27, at 10 AM in Downtown Norfolk. Norfolknatofestival.org
- Visit the MacArthur Memorial which pays tribute to the millions of men and women who served with General MacArthur in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War.
- Proudly berthed at the Norfolk Harbor, and steps from great dining and shopping are two of Norfolk's most popular attractions: Nauticus-The National Maritime Center and the Battleship Wisconsin. Come aboard!
- With all this water, it's no wonder there are multiple cruise tour options! See Norfolk from every angle with a harbor cruise on the Elizabeth River, and choose from three different options--Victory Rover, American Rover, and the Spirit of Norfolk.
- Walk through Town Point Park and along the Elizabeth River to the Armed Forces Memorial, a poignant tribute to the service people in the United States who gave up their lives in war.
- Norfolk's waterfront location makes for a relaxing getaway. Check out these Festival-friendly hotels.