Dance at the Beach!
Friday, May 10, 2019
Sandler Center for the Performing Arts
When watching this extraordinary company perform, one can’t help but ask, as a New York Times critic did, “How many things can be made of a somersault!” In a Pilobolus show, bodies merge and part, roll and climb, forming impossible shapes that spark wonder. Whether you’re a long-time fan or new to this amazing group, you’ll want to be there as “acrobatics are liquefied into poetry. The continuity of changing imagery, the easy sensuousness and the wonderful push-me-pull-you surprises of the physicality: These still seem to come right out of their makers’ dreams and into ours” (The New York Times).
To Enhance Your Experience:
And to make your Virginia Beach visit even more memorable….
- The toughest decision you’ll face is which of the many fabulous nearby restaurants you’ll choose for dinner! vabeachtowncenter.com.
- Among the many treasures of Virginia Beach is a superb art museum! Take it all in at the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) virginiamoca.org.
- Venture over to the ViBe Creative District – located within the Resort Beach, ViBe is home to an array of local favorites, including a local coffee roaster cafe, farmers market, and charming restaurants, shops and galleries, including Studio 17, a gallery, working studio and event space. thevibedistrict.comtro.
- Two lighthouse-one location. The lighthouses at Cape Henry silently guard the entryway into the Chesapeake Bay. The octagonal stone structure was completed in 1790 and is the oldest government-built lighthouse in America. The “new” lighthouse was built in 1881 and is the tallest cast iron lighthouse in the country. Both are locate at the Fort Story, north of the Virginia Beach resort area.
- Don’t leave without an unforgettable Dolphin Cruise or Whale Watching boat trip. These two-hour excursions take you offshore where dolphins splash in the warmer months, and whales’ migration path follows in the coolest weather. Back at the marina, enjoy a waterfront lunch at Rockafeller’s.
- Make it a getaway! Build in time to put your feet in the sand at one of three distinct beaches. Checkout these Festival-friendly hotels.