What To Expect When Attending An Event at S.B. Ballard Stadium
When should I arrive and how long is the show?
- Gates open 2 hours before showtime, with on field entertainment enjoyed from your seat beginning 90 minutes before
- Arrive early for the best experience.
- The performance in 90 minutes with no intermission.
Will there be food and beverage available?
- Yes. Concession stands will be open in various locations throughout the stadium.
- All food and beverages will be served in closed top boxes or individual packages. Condiments will be prepackaged, and cutlery will be distributed with limited contact.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged for all concession purchases.
Where can I park?
- Event parking will be available in the 49th Street Stadium Parking Garage, with the first floor reserved for ADA parking. Additional parking will be available in Lot L-1 which is located off Hampton Blvd. between Miller's Neighborhood Mart and WHRO.
- Overflow parking garages will be located at the Constant Center 45th Street and Constant Center 43rd Street Parking Garages.
- ADA parking is available in all garages and lots in designated spaces.
- Parking in these designated locations will be free.
Will the Tattoo be cancelled if it rains?
- The Tattoo is a rain or shine event. Come prepared with a rain coat or poncho. Umbrellas are not permitted.
- There may be delay or cancellation in the case of dangerous weather. Stayed tuned for updates on the Tattoo website and social media.
- Most stadium seating is uncovered.
What can I bring into the stadium?
ODU has implemented a Clear Bag Policy at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. For details as to the type of bags that are allowed to enter the stadium, please CLICK HERE or see below.
The following is a list of items are also prohibited at S.B. Ballard Stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
- Cameras or recording devices (allowed only at specific events)
- Sticks or clubs
- Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
- Bullhorns or noisemakers
- Confetti or balloons
- Animals (except certified service dogs for the disabled)
- Beach balls and other inflatables
- Outside food or beverages
- Skateboards or rollerblades
- Water bottles or mugs
- Other items deemed unacceptable by the event promoter or venue management
What is the clear bag policy?
ODU has implemented a Clear Bag Policy at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium.
Approved for Entry:
One clear bag per person:
- Clear tote, 12" x 6" x 12". Logos or writing no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" and only on one side
- Plastic storage bag, one gallon, re-sealable, clear. Logos or writing no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" and only on one side
And one small bag per person:
- Clutch, 4.5" x 6.5", approximately the size of a hand, may include handle or strap
- Small Purse, 4.5" x 6.5", approximately the size of a hand, may include handle or strap
Seat cushion, 16" x 16", no arms or pockets allowed. One cushion per person
Not Approved for Entry:
- Large Purses
- Drawstring Bags
- Personal Seatbacks
- Diaper Bags
- Fanny Packs
- Computer Bags
- Camera Bags
- Binocular Cases
- Luggage of any kind