Health and Safety Information: Bank Street Stage
Virginia Arts Festival is committed to the health and safety of all patrons, staff, and artists. See a complete list of precautions below as you plan to come to an event.
Safety protocols and procedures:
- Please plan to arrive early (gate open 1 hour prior to each performance) to ensure plenty of time to be safely seated. Upon arrival, temperature checks will be mandatory for patrons, performers, and staff. No one will be admitted without taking one.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available for use at entry.
- Wearing a mask covering mouth and nose will be mandatory for patrons and staff. No one will be admitted without one.
- A guest flow plan will be used for entry and exit. When arriving, venue entrance is on Bank Street. Six foot physical distancing is required between all patrons. Only members of the same household may be closer than six feet. Please follow the visible markers that will be used to queue lines.
- Audience seating is provided and will be sanitized before each performance. No personal tables, chairs, or umbrellas are permitted.
- Performance seating will be arranged to accommodate each party allowing for six feet of physical distance from other parties. Upon arrival, ushers will be available to assist you to your seating location.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, will be permitted.
- The Bank Street Stage is an outdoor, covered tent with a grassy floor, and is a non-air conditioned or heated space. Please plan to dress for the weather and outdoor elements. We recommend bringing an unopened bottle of water to stay hydrated. No coolers, food or alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
- Guided, staggered audience dismissal will be implemented with the guidance of VAF staff to avoid bottlenecks upon exit.
Rain or shine, the show goes on.
Tickets to Virginia Arts Festival events are purchased with the understanding of no refunds, no exchanges. All outdoor events are RAIN OR SHINE. If an event is canceled for any reason, and a refund is granted, the price of the ticket and all fees will be refunded. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
Performances may be delayed due to inclement weather; Virginia Arts Festival will take every precaution to keep our patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff safe.
For updates, stay tuned at vafest.org.
Bank Street Stage
Located in the green space at the corner of Bank Street and Charlotte Street in downtown Norfolk, the Bank Street Stage is a tented outdoor performance space, built to accommodate a safe concert experience. Seating is fully accessible, and arranged in socially-distanced "pods" for parties to safely sit together.
Parking for the Bank Street Stage is available in Bank Street Garage, Charlotte Street Garage, and MacArthur Center. Freemason Street Baptist Church parking lot is an unaffiliated, private parking lot, and may tow at their discretion.
Because COVID-19 is a highly contagious, there is a risk of exposure in any place where people gather. Virginia Arts Festival is taking appropriate steps to create a safe environment for all patrons, artists, and staff. Attendees of Virginia Arts Festival events assume all risks associated with the possibility of exposure to or contracting of any illness.